Re: Laptop for Linux Debian

David M <davidm@harmonic.gse.rmit.EDU.AU> writes:

> If one were to buy a laptop these days what would be a good brand that is
> widely supported by Linux (Debian)?

We have had good luck here with Dells and Compaqs.  They both took
some tinkering (especially with the X setups), and we had to buy
AcceleratedX for one of the Dells.

Best place for you to poke around would be the Linux on Laptops home
page.  Unfortunately I don't have the pointer handy, but Altavista
should be able to find it for you pretty quick.

--
Rob