Re: apropos broken in 1.3?

On Wed, 13 Aug 1997, Oliver Elphick wrote:

> In message <[🔎] Pine.LNX.3.95.970813014012.7061B-100000@devel.nacs.net>, writes:
>   >Hello--
>   >
>   >It seems my apropos doesn't work; I've got Debian 1.3.1 and -- according to
>   >apropos -- nothing is ever appropriate. So I did an "apropos -d a" and got
>
> Perhaps you need to run mandb to create the manual page index.

Yup, that did it. Shouldn't the man package automagically do this once
installed or via the dselect [C]onfigure option?

email stutz@dsl.org  Copyright (c) 1997 Michael Stutz; this information is
<http://dsl.org/m/>  free and may be reproduced under GNU GPL, and as long
                     as this sentence remains; it comes with absolutely NO
		     WARRANTY; for details see <http://dsl.org/copyleft/>.