Re: scsi quick question (solved)

On 13 Aug 1997, Eloy A. Paris wrote:

> You should see something like this (the host adapeter should be
> seen even with no SCSI devices attached to it):
[ snip of big output ]

> so your dmesg output definitely shows that your kernel is not seeing
> your card.
I thought the card was counted as a node on the scsi chain.

> Is your kernel compiled with support for your SCSI card or the right
> module has been loaded? Also, I have an AHA-1510 that requires boot
> parameters (IRQ and I/O addr.) to be passed to the kernel because the card
> does not even have a ROM that allows the kernel to auto-detect it.
> This might be your problem...

Bingo, I need to take my own advice and read the how-to's more often.
Tryed adding the append stuff to lilo from the howto, rebooted, and
everything worked perfectly.  Now I just have to see how long fed ex takes
to deliver a cable from across the country to see if the rest works :-)

Thanks,
Brandon

-----
Brandon Mitchell                         E-mail: bhmit1@mail.wm.edu
  Homepage: http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/7877/home.html

"We all know Linux is great...it does infinite loops in 5 seconds."
	--Linus Torvalds