Re: heard all the who-haha?

 >Have you checked the name server entries in /etc/resolv.conf?  DNS
>problems are often tracked down to this point.

Yes, I have.   I've got three entries in there.  One is the local host entry
as I'm running BIND.  The other two are DNS Servers of my upstream provider.
All here should be okay....

I'm thinking there must be some problem with reverse name lookups or
something.  I'm no expert in this area, but what else can it be?  Routing is
definitely not a problem.  Running "ping" before trying the telnet session
returns "immediate" responses.  Connecting from some remote hosts is no
problem, otheres there is.....

Is this lookup necessary?  Is there a way to disable it?

Later,

Kevin Traas   Baan Business Systems
Systems Analyst  Langley, BC, Canada
Kevin@Baan-BBS.CA  (604) 882-8169