Re: where to set default ulimit values

"Thomas Gebhardt" <gebhardt@HRZ.Uni-Marburg.DE> writes:

> So, where can I enlarge
> the maximum stack size value, which somehow defaults to 8 MB?

Write a wrapper around login.  Hope that bash has no buffer overflows
that can be exploited this way:

----- /usr/local/sbin/ulogin -----
#!/bin/sh
ulimit -s 16384
exec /bin/login "$@"

Then use this as a replacement:

6:23:respawn:/sbin/getty -l /usr/local/sbin/ulogin 38400 tty6

telnet stream tcp nowait  root /usr/sbin/tcpd /usr/sbin/in.telnetd -L /usr/local/sbin/ulogin

etc.

--
		Carey Evans  <*>  c.evans@clear.net.nz

   "On the telephone line I am anyone, I am anything I want to be."
                                       - Savage Garden, _Santa Monica_