Re: IDE for C++ on Linux (Debian)

> Hello there!
>
> I am looking for a good IDE for C/C++ development for Linux (Debian).
> Something like Turbo C++ or better, either for X or not (if it could run
> from both would be nice :) )

emacs!!!

It might not be as pretty, but it's an incredibly productive environment
once you know what you are doing.  All the best programmers in the world
that I look up to seem to swear by it (and have written parts of it).

> If there are other IDE for JAVA I would too like to know which one is
> best :)

Some people are working on "FreeBuilder" - they have some big plans.

http://www.techno-link.com/clients/ivo/FreeBuilder/

I tried it - not much yet.  Basically, they want to build it using
JavaBeans and the "swing" JFC classes - which Sun is still developing,
so development is sort of being held up.

Cheers,

 - Jim