Re: My own fonts

On Aug 05, Riku Saikkonen wrote
> Nikita Imennov wrote:
> >My console vs. X ratio is 50/50 and X has more fonts, while console has
> >only about 50-tops ( and they are all either asian, or arabic (in other
> >words -- not for me =).  So, is there a font-sontruction package?
>
> I think I heard of a console font construction program in
> comp.os.linux.announce a few months ago, but I can't remember what its name
> was...

It was called fonter:

I would like to announce a super Linux console Font Editor.  I feel that
it is one of a kind because it not only looks good, it supports auto
updating of the fonts on the screen each time you change a character,
which none of the other font editors that i've seen, have this.  Also it
doesn't require much.  Just ncurses.  Please go to
sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/apps/misc and get fonter-1.0a.tar.gz ..
fonter-1.3a.tar.gz should also be out very soon, which is a major
improvement..  If you design a font and would like it in the next
release, please read FONT-CREDITS and give me that information along with
the font, in an email to roler@primenet.com ..  THanks

Adrian
--
.signature in post