Re: RAID5 controller

On Fri, 8 Aug 1997 07:34:41 -0400 (EDT), Jean Pierre LeJacq wrote:

>I've been using the DPT controller with Debian but only for RAID 1.
>I've had no trouble except for the e2fsprog bug.  The RAID
>functionality is implemented in hardware and appears as a normal disk
>to Debian.

I should also mention it appears to be a normal disk to ANY OS that DPT
supports. On my RAID 0 array I boot OpenDOS, NT(or should I say have booted
for this one : >), OS/2, and Linux using OS/2's bootmanager.

>The only downside I've seen is that DPT's configuration
>software is not available for Linux.

Not YET. According to Mike Neuffer (eata driver author) "(storage manager)
is work in progress"