Re: Best mode for uucp over tcp.

>	A bit of a different approach is to allow sendmail to run outbound mail
>SMTP and have the inbound mail as uucp.  That is what I'm doing and it
works >OK.  Kind of sloppy in some ways but if the q time is fairly short
it seams to >work well enough.  This only works, of coarse, based on uucp
over TCP.

The main failing of this is that if you are running a dial on demand
connection everytime someone sends mail it will bring the link up.  If you
have it sending via UUCP as well the all outgoing SMTP connections get
dumped into the queue and are processed next time you run uucico (which I
do in ip-up).

Adam.

-------------- Earthlight Communications Limited -------------
P.O. Box 5301	            Adam Shand      (fax) +64 3 477 5463
Dunedin, New Zealand   Systems Manager  (voice) +64 3 479 0303
--------------- http://larry.earthlight.co.nz/ ---------------