Re: Best mode for uucp over tcp.

George Bonser wrote:

> If both ends are Taylor, use i protocol.  It is full duplex and can
> recover where it left off in case of interruption.
>
> This shortens the transaction and makes error recovery fster.
>
> On Wed, 6 Aug 1997, Chris Brown wrote:
>
> >      I have gotten uucp running properly over tcp.  When using tcp
> > which mode is the most effecient?  From what I understand mode t was
> > designed for such links but taylor suppores mode i which I haven't
> > seen much documentation on.  Which way should I go?
> >

> > --

Hello,

I'm running a ppp dialup to an ISP who uses pop3 and dynamic
addressing.  This is my only access to the net.  I have no local net.

Is it to my advantage to run uucp over tcp/ip?

I'm having all kinds of problems setting up mail.  I'm using the exim,
exmh, fetchmail, mh, metamail and mime-support packages.

How would I set up for uucp?

Please point me to any docs or info.

Regards,

Victor