Debian news letter volunteers (was Re: splitting up the ...)

On Sat, 2 Aug 1997, Randy Edwards wrote:

>    Couldn't debian-announce be used for this?

Perhaps.  I wasn't aware that debian-announce was different from
debian-changes.  I've never subscribed to this, so I don't know what the
volume is.  The intention is to have a max of 2-3 messages per week for
the users that don't want a high volume list.  I'm guessing that security
releases and major debian releases (1.2 - 1.3, was the 1.3.0 - 1.3.1 ever
announced) are what is currently posted.  If there is more (debian on the
shuttle) then maybe that could go in the weekly news letter.  If this is
all correct, I guess all we need is a few volunteers to put it together.

What the heck, I'll finally do something.  If you are interested, reply
by e-mail with: list you currently read, areas you are interested in,
ammount of time you have to contribute, and whatever else you feel is
relevant.  If there are no objections after a few days, I'll get in
contact with the debain-announce moderator, and hopefully have something
in the next few weeks.

Brandon

-----
Brandon Mitchell                         E-mail: bhmit1@mail.wm.edu
  Homepage: http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/7877/home.html

"We all know Linux is great...it does infinite loops in 5 seconds."
	--Linus Torvalds