Re: Info(no)Magic April CDROM

On Jul 31, H.C.Lai wrote:
> I have had problems install Debian with the InfoMagic April CDROM.
> The package 'xlib6_3.2-1a.1.deb' and 'latex_2e-7.deb' are physically not
> there !!! I would imagine xlib6 is too important to be omitted from
> the CDs. I think the worse bit is that both packages are referred to in
> the Pacakages.gz files. That confused the whole installing process
> totally.

Shouldn't we provide a script to CD manufacturers so they can verify
the Packages files against what they actually have on their mirror?
I have noticed similar problems before, even on master.  I think the
script should:

  - verify md5sums
  - verify that all the packages actually exist
  - (?) warn about packages not in the Packages files

Just a thought...

Thanks,

Jeff