My own fonts

Hi,
Is there any way I can get more X/Console fonts by making and-or
designing them myself?
My console vs. X ratio is 50/50 and X has more fonts, while console has
only about 50-tops ( and they are all either asian, or arabic (in other
words -- not for me =).  So, is there a font-sontruction package?

And also, I has read the book about setting up a font server ( the one on
7000th TCP/IP port) for X, but they had missed one important point --
what for is this x font server? Will there be more fonts? Will xlsfonts
'get' them quicker?

Thank you,
Nikita.

 ++++