Re: block device name

On Wed, 30 Jul 1997, Jean Pierre LeJacq wrote:

:On Wed, 30 Jul 1997, Patrick Dahiroc wrote:
:
:> I began using dselect to install program files, but after choosing the
:> Access option on the main menu the following screen asked for the CD and
:> the block device name.  I have no idea what this means.  The system
:> recognized my CD during the reboot as hdd 655A ATAPI IDE.  What do I
                                         ^^^
:> have to type in as my block device name?
:
:I believe this refers to the filename in /dev.  For ATAPI IDE CDs, you
:might try /dev/hdc.

I think I'd try /dev/hdd first.