povray-manual/lynx/slang problem

Hi everyone,

I sure am happy to see tha my favorite raytracer, povray has been
included in debian 1.3.  It was also nice to see that it now has html
documentation.  I have some problems however reading it.  I have tried
to do this at home with the lynx 2.7.1-1 package and the slang 0.99.38-2
package (from the 1.3.1 CD).  The problem is that if lynx tries to
follow a link to a different file, it always goes to the top of that
file, not to the correct position.

At work I had lynx 2.6-2 and slang 0.99.34-1.  This worked OK.  After
upgrading to same packages I had at home, the same erroneous behaviour
turned up.

This is not the whole story however.  I first tried to read the files
with arena from 1.3.1, and this complained about bad html, also jumps to
wrong references, and dumps core as well.  I ran weblint on povray.htm
and got numerous errors, the last of which put weblint into a loop.

So it seems that the html pages aren't fully confirming at least (I
don't know much about html), but an older version of lynx could deal
with it.  Did anyone encounter these problems before, and knows what to
do about it (besides downgrading lynx).

Any comments are greatly appreciated,
Eric Meijer

--
 E.L. Meijer (tgakem@chem.tue.nl)          | tel. office +31 40 2472189
 Eindhoven Univ. of Technology             | tel. lab.   +31 40 2475032