Re: kernel support to NE2000?

On Sat, 26 Jul 1997, Jason Costomiris wrote:

> On Sat, 26 Jul 1997, Joost Kooij wrote:
>
> > kernel-source and recompile to get the card working. The patch can be
> > found here:
> >   http://rsphy1.anu.edu.au/~gpg109/ne2000.html
> > under section: "PCI NE2000 Cards and the v2.0 Kernel"
> > This one is from linuxhq, against pre-2.0.31:
> >   http://www.linuxhq.com/patch/20-p0549.html
>
> However, if you do it with the canonical method, ie, specifying card
> parameters, OR, do as I did, and modify ne.c to look at your card's
> address as one of the defaults, you're set.

What card parameters do you mean? Specifying io address and irq number did
not help me with my card. The problem with my card is also that the kernel
thinks it is a ne1000. The mentioned patch solves just that and since I
compile support for the card into the kernel, I do not have to specify any
parameters (except during kernel configuration ofcourse) to have it work.

Modifying ne.c is exactly what the patch does too, by the way.

Cheers,

Joost