IDE Zip drive

Has anyone had any experience with an internal IDE Zip drive?  My
parallel port model worked fine, but now that I've got the IDE version,
upon bootup I get a series of errors like the following:
hdc: recal_intr: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
hdc: recal_intr: error=0x20 { }
hdc: read_intr: status=0x59 { DriveReady SeekComplete DataRequest Error }
hdc: read_intr: error=0x20 { }
ide1: reset: success
hdc: recal_intr: status=0x53 { DriveReady SeekComplete Index Error }
hdc: recal_intr: error=0x20 { }
end_request: I/O error, dev 16:00, sector 0
 unable to read partition table
VFS: Disk change detected on device 16:01
 hdc:hdc: read_intr: status=0x59 { DriveReady SeekComplete DataRequest
Error }

ending with:

end_request: I/O error, dev 16:00, sector 0
 unable to read partition table
hdc1: bad access: block=0, count=1
end_request: I/O error, dev 16:01, sector 0
HPFS: map_sector: read error
registered device ppp0

This is on a known good disk, formatted ext2fs.  Any advice?

Thanks.
-bob

* Robert Kerr                      *
* Robert_Kerr@byu.edu              *