Re: newsx -- not with inn?

On %M %N, Carl Fink wrote
> According to dselect, newsx works only with cnews, not with inn (which
> I'm running).  Is this correct?

I have installed version 0.8 (not packaged) and the man page says:

       -c, --cnews
              Set to C News mode  as  opposed  to  INN.  Controls
              details regarding handling of spool and lock files.

       -i, --inn
              Set to INN mode as  opposed  to  C  News.  Controls
              details regarding handling of spool and lock files.

IIRC the maintainer of newsx (Christoph Lameter) said that he was
dropping the package. I'm willing to maintain it (in a month or so
because I'm busy ATM) - particularly if I use it. Currently I use
suck/rpost to receive/send news (about 200/5 articles a day respectively)
- does anyone know a faster way to do this?

Adrian
--
.signature in post