Re: The Gimp?

On Mon, 28 Jul 1997, Andreas Tille wrote:

 : On Sat, 26 Jul 1997, Remco van de Meent wrote:
 :
 : > Another option is to get the .tar.gz file from the source distribution and
 : > compile Gimp your self. I did, using just libc5 (with LinuxThreads
 : > installed).
 : I did so but without LinuxThreads installed. I hadn't any trouble so far.

Maybe you installed pthreads instead?

 : It is possible that I would run in trouble because of the lack of
 : LinuxThreads?  What kind of program/package is LinuxThreads and why
 : could this be neccessary for "The Gimp".

LinuxThreads provides an almost kernel-level of threading.
I don't know if Gimp really needs it, but I saw it mentioned in the
configure-script.

Remco

--
// Remco van de Meent