Re: Mail loop

Bob Nielsen writes:
> I tried sending mail to myself by smtp from another system.  It was
> received, but keeps trying to send to itself, until finally being rejected
> for excessive loops:

This excerpt doesn't show enough configuration:

 . How is your local system called?

 . Does Smail know that nielsen@nielsen.tus.primenet.com should be
   delivered locally?
   Probably not.  Why?
   -> check out /etc/smail/config:hostname
   -> check out /etc/smail/config:more_hostnames
   -> check out /etc/smil/paths

 .  What does smail -d 30 -bv nielsen@nielsen.tus.primenet.com tell?

Regards

	Joey

 /                              No question is too silly to ask, /
/    but, of course, some are too silly to answer  -- perl book /