Re: fetchmail problem?

On %M %N, Victor Torrico wrote
> Hello all,

> Am using fetchmail to move mail from my ISP's POP3 server to my
> machine.   Cannot move POP3 mail, using fetchmail, from the ISP server
> to my client machine.  Here's the error message when executing the
> fetchmail command in an xterm either as a user or root:

[snip -all seems fine]
> fetchmail: POP3< +OK 2857 octets
> reading message 1 (2857 bytes)
> fetchmail: SMTP connect to localhost failed: Unknown error
> 18446744073709551615
> fetchmail: POP3> QUIT
> fetchmail: SMTP transaction error while fetching from milo.cfw.com:
> Unknown error 18446744073709551615
> fetchmail: normal termination, status 9
> vtorrico$

Have you made sure that "localhost" is allowed to post to your machine?
Also check that the recipient is qualified. In fact here is a bit of my
/etc/exim.conf file - it might not be right but at least it works :)

qualify_domain = wyvern
qualify_recipient = wyvern
local_domains = wyvern:localhost

and here is what I currently use in my .fetchmailrc (I call fetchmail
with no arguments). My POP3 name is "adrian.bridgett" and my local login
name is "apb25".

poll mail.zetnet.co.uk
 proto pop3
 user adrian.bridgett is apb25@localhost here
 password *******
# keep
 fetchall
 mda "exim -bm %s "

This posts directly to exim, and does not post to the local SMTP
connection.

Adrian
--
.signature in post