Re: Any compilers in Debian?

On Thu, 24 Jul 1997 NewtronBoy@aol.com wrote:

> Are there any compilers for various languages such as C/C++, Java,
> Ada, LISP, and Perl?

C/C++:  yes/yes++ (and Objectively yes, too :-)

Java: yes, we have both the JDK and freeware java compilers/tools like
guavac. i don't think that anyone has packaged biss-awt for debian yet.

Ada:  i think that the gnat package is the GNU Ada Translator.

Lisp:  yes

Perl compiler: No (there is no released perl compiler yet). we do,
however, have a very up-to-date and well-maintained perl package, so the
answer to the question you should have asked is "yes, we have perl".

many other languages as well: tcl, python, fortran, caml, mercury, forth,
scheme, and others.

craig

--
craig sanders
networking consultant                  Available for casual or contract