Re: question on bo-updates: found on ldso security update

> I was notified this morning about the recent CIAC security announcment
> on ld.so.  I went to my Debian mirror and found that the fix was
> already available under bo-updates directory.  I *thought* that since
> my system was up to date [i.e., v 1.3.1 + ] that I probably already
> had the fix incorporated.  But alas, I did not.

1.3.1 was released before this exploit was discovered.

> In fact, I found that there were about 20 .deb files in bo-update that
> do not show up automatically with dselect.  Apparently, bo-updates is
> not intended to be in the dselect tree unless the user incorporates it
> by hand?

The packages in bo-updates are there for testing by everyone, namely the
testing group, and to be subsequently included into next release when
sufficient testing has been done.  You are welcome to download and install
them, but they will not appear in dselect until the next point release is made.

--
Proudly running Debian Linux! Linux vs. Windows is a no-Win situation....
Igor Grobman           igor@debian.org                 igor@digicron.com