Re: Swap Space

On Thu, 24 Jul 1997, Shaleh wrote:

> even.  I had posted about the Enlightemment WM -- is no one using it?  I
> have seen very few responses.  Any other nice WM's out there?  My only
> (minimal) experience is with fvwm a year and a half ago on Slackware
> 2.0.

Re: the swap question, I've got 64 MB of physical RAM and 128 MB of swap
space.  This is my workstation, not doing any kind of serving.  I've got a
compile running in the background, Netscape running, ppp/diald, afterstep
for my WM, a couple of xterms, and xdm.  I never notice any nasty
swapping, but since it's a 2.1G drive[1], I don't care about 128 MB for
swap..

--j

[1] I've recently started using HP 2 gig Fast SCSI-2 disks.  This box has
the C3325A in it.  Runs nice and cool at 5400 RPM.  Much better than the
Barracuda I used to have (before it melted in my case with two huge
fans)..  You can fry eggs on those Seagates, the HPs don't seem to have
any trouble.....