Uh oh! After dselect installed the new kernel... the system does not boot...

Hi again,

Guess what?  I used dselect to install a few (well quite a few) packages
including the kernel sources and utilities.  As it requested me to
compile the new 2.0.30 kernel I replied yes.  All went ok till I rebooted!

Now just as I get to the lilo prompt all I get is

01 01 01 01....

for ever and ever, nonstop.

I guess I'll have to revert back to the old kernel.  I have some idea on
how to do that but I would like some expert advise so that I don't
"damage" the system even more ;)  I would say that changing the symlinks
to point to boot/<the old kernel> should work... right?

Thanx,

David