Re: Boot order (2)

Hello Lindsay,

have you read my latest good news! :-]  BTW thanks alot for all the help
on the NIC problem.  I really appreciate it :-)

> I remove all reference to drive C in the bios - Linux finds it anyway.

Yep I did it and it worked! :)

> Set to Only or Master - it will not work as a slave on its own.

Mmm the funny thing is it did work with Primary IDE and dip switch as
slave.  Well BIOS did NOT detected it but good ol' Linux did! :-)

> Just check with dmesg - look for CHS and check that the figures are
> correct.  Also run cfdisk /dev/hda and check CHS again.  If this works you
> can transfer all the files you like in one go.  <grin>

CHS reports the correct figures :-) (dmesg and cfdisk)  Mmm what do you
mean if that works I can transfer all the files in one go?

Oh BTW... :-)  I have the boot option set on the partition of the IDE
drive... this is not meant (at least for now) to be a bootable HDD.  Does
it matter that the boot flag is set?  Does unsetting it and writing the
partition destroys all the data?

Thanx.

Dave