Re: Boot order (2)

On Wed, 23 Jul 1997, David M wrote:

> Hi again....
>
> Well I just disabled the BIOS and it worked... Is this ok to do?

I remove all reference to drive C in the bios - Linux finds it anyway.

> If I only have one IDE drive should I set it to slave or master (I know
> normally is master) in Linux?  If I set it to slave BIOS doesn't even
> detect it :-)

Set to Only or Master - it will not work as a slave on its own.

> Any consequences of changing these settings?

Just check with dmesg - look for CHS and check that the figures are
correct.  Also run cfdisk /dev/hda and check CHS again.  If this works you
can transfer all the files you like in one go.  <grin>

Lindsay