Re: Kudo's and Question

On Wed, 23 Jul 1997, Jason Costomiris wrote:

> On Tue, 22 Jul 1997 mike@bcinternet.com wrote:
>
> > 	Currently I'm running kernel 2.0.6, and haven't noticed any major
> > problems with it.  I normally stick to the "If it 'ain't broke, don't fix
> > it" rule, but I'm wondering if there are any reasons to go to say a 2.0.30
> > kernel.  Occasionally some TCP connections hang (mostly cfingerd) but reset
> > in a day or two, other than that I have no complaint.  So, anybody else
> > out there has some advice/warnings?
>
> If you have 2.0.6, you are vulnerable to the ping of death, unless you've
> applied patches to fix it.
	I've patched against that.... but thank you anyway.
> 2.0.30 also has SYN cookie features that are worth looking at.
	This sounds interesting, I've gotten advice from several people to
wait for 2.0.31 due to some problems with .30 under heavy load.  I think
I'll wait till those are fixed.  Thanks to everybody who replied to me!

				mike...
Micro$oft, what do you want to spend today?