How to fix ldso? Urgent.

My box has both libc5 and libc6 installed.  I just made a mistake and
downgraded ldso_1.9.2-2 to ldso_1.8.10-2.1.  Now I don't seem to be able
to run any commands - certainly not dpkg at any rate.  So I am between a
rock and a hard place, as the saying goes.

I have another two debian boxes here so I can access ldso_1.9.2-3 and I
can run a rescue disk, but I don't know how to fix it by hand.  Once I
reboot I lose my net connection until it is fixed, so I would appreciate
some expert help.

Lindsay