PPP

Ok, this is a debian specific question, I think ... the debian PPP
package comes with scripts and examples.  In the file
/etc/ppp/options.ttyXX, I find:

# If you need to set up multiple serial lines then copy
# this file to
# options.<ttyname>	for each tty with a modem on it.
#
# The options.tty file will assign an IP address to each PPP connection
# as it comes up. They must all be distinct!
#
# Example:
# options.ttyS1		for com2 under DOS.
#
# Edit the following line so that the first IP address
# mentioned is the ip address of the serial port while the second
# is the IP address of your host

As far as I can tell, this is wrong?  Either that or something is really
screwed up here.  When I tried this setup it didn't work.  When I listed
the host first, and then the serial port, it did work.  I used IP
addresses though, this was suggested in a README I found.  When I say it
"worked" I mean that I could connect and communicate with any servers
local to my LAN.  I haven't yet solved the original problem.

If someone can verify that the example given in the file is correct,
could you email me with a sample configuration so I can see how it was
intended to be set up?  I've shown a few people my configs and they seem
to look ok.

--
  Nathan Norman    :    Hostmaster CFNI    :    nnorman@cfni.com
    finger nnorman@cfni.com for PGP public key and other stuff