apache and forms

Im trying to make www-registration system. I'd like to get it work this
way:
1. I fill out the form
2. I press the submit-button and apache sends it via email to my mailbox
3. Apache says something and throw me on the downloadpage

I think I must use perl or CGI and I have tried everything, but I can't
get it work. If someone can send me example files about sending forms
via e-mail (both files, html and cgi or perl) and installation
instructions, that makes me really happy.