Gcc errors while compiling #com updated driver 3c59x.c

Dear listmembers,

Thanks alot for your help.  The split command worked like a beauty! :-)

I installed gcc (+ the required package cpp and a few other suggests nad
reccomends).

Now the problem is the following:

In the source code of the patched/updated driver it says at the end what
command to use to compile the driver.  I typed it as it instructs you:

gcc -DMODULE -D__KERNEL__ -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -O6 -c3c59x.c

I got the following error message:

gcc: unrecognized option `-c3c59x.c`
gcc: No input files

Am I doing something wrong?  Is this because maybe different version of
gcc are being used?  Please let me know if you know what the problem is
and how to go about compiling this file.

Thanks again.

Dave