Re: perl script

In a message to me, Hamish Moffatt, you wrote:

|"On Thu, Jul 17, 1997 at 10:40:45PM -0700, Mike Schmitz wrote:
|"> I don't have pico, and usually use only vim. Vim showed no ^M's so I was
|"> fairly satisfied that they did not exist. I started looking at the file
|"> in other editors on my system, ae & xedit, ae showed none, but xedit saw
|"> them big as life. Is vim now trying to be compatible with M$?!! I may
|"> have to find a new editor.
|"
|"Vim will ignore them, but leave them in when it saves.

True, but you can `:set notextmode' to remove them. The philosophy is to
leave the textfiles as they were, as much as possible.

>>>                     Ronald van Loon (ronald@and.nl)                   <<<
I hold your hand in mine, dear / I press it to my lips. I take a
healthy bite from your dainty fingertips. My joy would be complete, dear,
if you were only here, But still I keep your hand as a precious souvenir.