Re: Suggestion to future debian releases

Hello Bruce,

> You can move that "man" package over on a floppy and install it.
> dpkg -i <package-name> should do, unless it depends on another package,
> in which case it will tell you about that.

I have tried this but there are dependencies.  I keep getting the
required packages down only to find out that they too need some other
package...  Is there a command (or maybe a dpkg argument) that I can use
to find out exactly what packages I need to install some other package?
I checked the Packages file on the debian FTP site but there seem to be
other packages required besides those listed here.

> The base system is the smallest one that permits you to install packages.
> If you had a CD, it might be different - I think we might support more
> default packages in a system installed from CD eventually, because there
> is not the size problem we have with the floppy-based install.

Ok. That makes sense. :)

Regards,

David