Removing broken hylafax-package

Hallo,

I installed hylafax_4.0.1-1_i386.deb, but it would not configure as a result of some missing scripts.

When I tried to remove it, I could not.  Here is the result of my effort:
 dpkg --force-remove-reinstreq --purge hylafax
(Reading database ... 14451 files and directories currently installed.)
Removing hylafax ...

FATAL ERROR: /var/spool/fax/etc/setup.cache is missing!

The file /var/spool/fax/etc/setup.cache is not present.  This
probably means the machine has not been setup using the faxsetup(1M)
command.  Read the documentation on setting up HylaFAX before you
startup a server system.

dpkg: error processing hylafax (--purge):
 subprocess pre-removal script returned error exit status 1

FATAL ERROR: /var/spool/fax/etc/setup.cache is missing!

The file /var/spool/fax/etc/setup.cache is not present.  This
probably means the machine has not been setup using the faxsetup(1M)
command.  Read the documentation on setting up HylaFAX before you
startup a server system.

dpkg: error while cleaning up:
 hylafax

How do I get rid of this?