Re: checking that xfs is working

On Fri, 18 Jul 1997, Behan Webster wrote:

> Perhaps using xfs should be made the default then.
>
> It should be just as simple to have either be used as long as all
> font packages register themselves with both /etc/X11/XF86Config and
> /etc/X11/xfs/config.

Oh!

That reminds me, while the nice GIMP people were trying to help me figure
out why gimp was sigsegv'ing they suggested I run XFS, so I did -- but it
core dumped all the time because it's config file contained font paths
that did not exist. Furthermore I followed their instructions to set it up
while X was running and the machine locked up totally (or at least
appeared to.. no responses to the usual keyboard things). Unfortunately I
lost the commands when the machine died..

So XFS and XFree might need a bit of work to configure properly wrt to
fonts.

Jason