Lilo question

I have a 240mb hard drive and a 850mb hard drive in my computer.

I have my partions set up like this

hda1 dos 210mb (soon to be open dos)
hda2 boot for linux 10mb
hda3 swap for linux 20mb

hdc1 ext2 root partion for linux(850mb)

now I was told by a friend to do my partions this way after I moved my
data over from old 204mb ...(thanks for the help on that)

now my problem is this I can't get the hda2 partion to boot?

I have run and rerun lilo after makeing the lilo.conf refer to my new hd
and the new partion sceme.

the changes are
boot /dev/hda2
root /dev/hdc1

from
boot /dev/hdb1
root /dev/hdb1

but when I run lilo (after booting from the rescue/install disk) I get
this message

Added 2.0.30a *
creat /boo/boot.0302 no such file of directory ...

please any help would be appreceaited

-kevin