Re: TKDesk: insufficient resources for operation

Peter S Galbraith wrote:

> Carlos Marcos Kakihara wrote:
>
> >       Hi, I'm using tkdesk_1.0b1-1.deb and I'm getting the following
> > errors:
> > [stress]:~$ tkdesk &
> > [1] 745
> > [stress]:~$ X Error of failed request:  BadAlloc (insufficient
> resources for
> > operation)
> >   Major opcode of failed request:  45 (X_OpenFont)
> >   Serial number of failed request:  587
> >   Current serial number in output stream:  588
> >
> >       Any ideas?
>
> I'm in no better a position.
> I get:
>
> $ tkdesk
> can't read "geom": no such variable
>     while executing
> "set tkdesk(geometry,$func) $geom..."
>     ("Toplevel" arm line 6)
> [...]

There seems to be a conflict between the .tkdesk files that are create
in your home directory between version 1.01 and 1.04.

So when you update tkdest to version 1.04 it complains about the "geom"
variable.

All I have done to fix this problem is rename my original .tkdesk to
something like Old.tkdesk and then run tkdesk (1.04) again and it works
fine, installing a newer .tkdesk directory in my home directory.

Then all you have to do is add any changes that you made to the files in
the origninal .tkdesk directory and you are back in buisness.

I do like the updated version of tkdesk, looks much sexyer..... well the
app bar does anyway..

Hope this helps.

--

 John Stevenson	  3rd Yr BSc Soft. Eng.