kernel compile using libc6

Hello,

How does one compile a kernel that supports libc6 dependent packages using
kernel-package v-3.5 ?

Or else if not using kernel-package, how does one do this?

I'm using packages with libc6 dependencies now and for the most part they seem
to work OK except for the locales package which chokes on setting LANG="en_US".
Get perl error message here.  Hoping to cure this by the new compile.  Just want
to try it to see if it works.

I'm living off all packages from hamm and using kernel 2.0.30 now.

Please, I'd like to find out the situation here.

I'm going in deeper than my knowledge base here.  Oh well, live and learn.

Thanks,

Victor