where should examples go ?

	I noticed that some example files where stored in
/usr/doc/<package>/examples while others are stored in
/usr/doc/examples/<package>. Unfortunately I did not notice the second
location until relatively recently.

	What does the standard say ? Personally I prefer the first setting
and more packages seem to respect it anyway. Here are the packages that
store configuration files in /usr/doc/examples on my system:

deliver		2.1.12-2
ncurses-dev	<none>
samba		1.9.16p9
bison		A2.6-12
fvwm2		2.0.43-BETA-0
lilo		19-1
popclient	3.05-3
tar		1.11.8-5
fwtk		1.3-1
mount		2.5l-1
procmail	3.10-4
wu-ftpd		2.4-27

Some other packages make symbolic links to the /usr/doc/<package>/example
directories (apache, cgi-scripts, libpaper).

On my system bing still stores its Readme file in the file /usr/doc/bing !

--
Francois Gouget
fgouget@club-internet.fr                http://www.mygale.org/~fgouget/