Re: XF86 3.3-3

Christopher Jason Morrone wrote:
(clip)

>In any case, the XF86 3.3 packages are definitely broken.  I'd fill out a
>bug report, but unfortunately, I can't be any more specific than that
>right now.

(clip)

>--

I found my keyboard/screen, and possibly the whole thing (don't
remember) would lock up when I had an S3, but adding the "nolinear"
option fixed the problem.  This was with the older version, i.e. it
happened with 3.1 or 3.2.  However, other things changed with my
config at 3.3, so maybe you might want to try turning options like
this on and off.

Video was an S3 on the mainboard, now I have upgraded both and
"xf86config" got me a fairly good config, although my old compaq
monitor can't keep up to the new video card frequency wise.

(I know this post is a little light on the solution side, but noone
seems to have "definitely hit the nail" yet, so.)

--kmb203@psu.edu----------------Debian/GNU--1.3---Linux--2.0.30---
"You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike."