Re: 1.3.1 font problem in X

On Fri Jul 11 19:29:26 -0400 1997, digger vermont <digger@netaxs.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> 	I upgraded from 1.3.0 to 1.3.1 which was mostly an X upgrade to 3.3-3.
> Now, none of the upgraded and important (misc, 75dp1, and 100dpi I believe)
> font paths are recognized. I tried running mkfontdir in the individual
> direcories but it didn't help.   I tried both the stock X servers and
> AcceleratedX.  Fortunately Xaccel has a few fonts so I can get X up and
> running.  Help please!
> --
> digger

I lost a whole day trying to figure this out myself.  Xfree86 3.3
comes with gzip'd fonts, which are not recognized by the old 3.2 X
servers.  Either upgrade your server or gunzip your fonts.  I did the
latter myself, since the 3.3 SVGA server doesn't like my ThinkPad
display. :-(

Noel
--
Immanuel V. Yap		e-mail:	noelyap@nightshade.cit.cornell.edu