Re: Winmodem

Winmodems are not supported under Linux (ref: Debian Installation Manual,
among other places).  Sorry :(

If you choose to replace it with a non-Windows PnP modem, you may find the
isapnptools package usefull in getting it installed.  If it is not in your
Debian 1.2 CD, you can download it from a Debian mirror to a floppy and
install from the floppy.

Mike