Diald & modem forget irq #

I have a Hayes Accura 33.6 faxmodem;  it's pnp,  I have a pnp bios,
everything is configured successfully by the bios.

	The modem,  which for some reason is placed by the bios on
/dev/cua3 (com 4),  is auto-pnp-configured to use irq 10.  Since the Linux
default for this device file seems to be irq 3,  I use setserial in
/etc/rc.boot to change the irq line for it to 10.
	I have diald installed to auto-connect this modem ... generally it
works fine.  But sometimes I get messages saying "failed to determine
terminal attributes" in /var/log/messages ... it _always_ turns out that
somehow the irq for /dev/cua3 has reverted to 3.  I am able (as root) to
setserial it back to 10,  but it's aggravating,  because the point of
installing diald was to <not> have to do that all the time ...

	Is there a way for me to hardwire this irq number to this port
somehow?  Is there a better way to handle it?

						Thanks.
                     					Will

			        harpo@udel.edu
               		      lowe@eecis.udel.edu