Re: Hamm directory tree structure

On Fri, 11 Jul 1997, Eloy A. Paris wrote:

> I was messing around with Hamm in ftp.debian.org and realized that the
> directory structure is different than in previous Debian releases. I see
> that under the unstable (hamm) directory there is another hamm directory
> and is under this directory where binary-i386 (an other binary directories)
> is located.
>
> Any reason for this new approach or it just that ftp.debian.org is
> messed up?

I am not 100% certain, but I suspect that this is a new structure which
will permit the "contrib" and "non-free" to be in sync with a particular
distribution.  In the past, these two trees were always at the "unstable"
level, leading to some conflicts with the "stable" tree.  If you look at
the top "hamm" directory, you will note that it has a "non-free" and a
"contrib" of its own.

Cheers,

Carlo

    *                            Carlo U. Segre                           *
    *      Department of Biological, Chemical and Physical Sciences       *
    *        Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, IL 60616          *
    *   Voice: (312) 567-3498                      FAX: (312) 567-3494    *
    *                            segre@iit.edu                            *