Re: apcupsd, genpower, and PowerShute(TM) "Black" cable.

> Sorry to ask for a recap, but I missed the beginning of this thread...
> So to ask probably already answered questions:  What is the correct
> genpower (or... dangit can't rememebr the other UPS package) cable-type
> for the PowerShute "Black" cable that comes with the APCs?

Genpower does not support the black cable because genpower uses dumb-
signalling and the black cable has only enough wires for the smart-signalling
mode.  The new genpower (1.0.1-4) does support the grep "plug-n-play"
cable, though ("apc-pnp")!

                                          Brian
                                 ( bcwhite@verisim.com )