Re: apcupsd, genpower, and PowerShute(TM) "Black" cable.

Nils Rennebarth <nils@nus.de> writes:

> I thouroughly hacked apcd for private use adding the following features:
> - - Close and reopen logfiles on HUP signal.
> - - Make shutdown dependent on the remaining battery load.
> - - Slave uses init for shutdown.
> - - Master uses shutdown code from lates sysvinit (2.71)
> (Not mentioning many code cleanups)
>
> A further project might be a program able to communicate with a java applet
> to enable monitoring the ups from any java capable browser. This might then
> be a complete functional replacement for APC's power-chute software, and
> even better because it will work over the net on any client. But I can't
> tell when time allows this...

Sorry to ask for a recap, but I missed the beginning of this thread...
So to ask probably already answered questions:  What is the correct
genpower (or... dangit can't rememebr the other UPS package) cable-type
for the PowerShute "Black" cable that comes with the APCs?

Many thanks...

 --Zachary