timezone question.

I've been playing with the Frontpage extensions which I now have working
properly with apache 1.2.1 and suexec with a couple minor glitches.

Frontpage only understands timezones in certain formats (GMT-12 -> GMT+12)
so I need to set the time on my debian system to match.

I had a play with /usr/sbin/tzconfig which seemed to do what I wanted yet
when I selected GMT+12 and I looked in /etc/timezone it was set to Etc/GMT+12

Will this make a difference (it doesn't seem to fix my problem as it was
supposed to)?  Is there anyway to have to timezone set to just GMT+12 or is
the Etc/ just for reference to match /usr/lib/zoneinfo?

Thanks for any help,

Adam.

----------------- Earthlight Communications Limited ----------------
P.O. Box 5301	                Adam Shand 	       (fax) +64 3 477 5463
Dunedin, New Zealand       Systems Manager    (voice) +64 3 479 0303