Re: standard file system/directories/files/etc

Debian uses the Linux File System Standard. There are links to this
project's pages but I don't have them. Perhaps a search at
http://sunsite.unc.edu/mdw/ will give you the links you need.

The main tool to install/maintain packages in Debian is called
dselect. It is text based. A new tool is being developed to replace
dselect. It is called the Deiti project.

Also, each package under Debian has its own installation script.

E.-

Paul Miller (paul@luckynumber.com) wrote:
: I haven't installed Debian yet, but I would like to know a little about
: it first..
:
: Does Debian use standard files, directories, etc?  I know RedHat doesn't
: and it is a real pain when getting help from anyone other than a RedHat
: user.
:
: Also, does Debian have configuration programs?  If so, are there both X
: and terminal versions?
:
: -Paul
:
:
: --
: TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THIS MAILING LIST: e-mail the word "unsubscribe" to
: debian-user-request@lists.debian.org .
: Trouble?  e-mail to templin@bucknell.edu .
:

--