Re: nobody is running find at too high a priority

> jim <jim@home.com> writes:
>
> > I don't know debian well enough to know which process is running
> > find at 7AM in the morning, but, I suspect it is rebuilding the
> > locate database.  The problem is that it is being run at normal
> > priority which REALLY puts a dent in performance.  I would suggest
> > that any jobs which are rebuilding databases as nobody should be
> > automatically niced to something that will allow X-windows to
> > work concurrently.

In one of the DES or RC5 challenges, there was a simple C program that
would check the current system load, and if it got to high, stop a
program.  Once it got low enough, it would be restarted.  Does anyone
remember where this program is, and if so, could you compile it (I
remember having problems).  If not, I can dig it up when I get home and
post it (it's small).  It probably needs some work though.

Brandon